Well, for starters, hello. We’ve missed you. Hopefully the feeling is mutual. Embarrassingly it’s been a year since we last took to the interweb and wrote a blog. Seriously – what the hell were we doing?
Let’s recap this past year.
- We played the Vogue Nightclub in January – huge crowd. Robert brought lamps.
- We played a few shows here and there, kicked some holes in walls, you know. The usual band stuff.
- Always a pleasure to visit our good friends at Indy In-Tune. We like that Darin fella…who by the way is like the equivalent of the Indy music Pope. Anyone he doesn’t know in this town? (We’ll get to working on the Pope graphics – standby for that).
- Had the great pleasure of playing the wedding for a couple of long time fans and friends. Oh yeah, we discovered Vine that night too.
- Radio Radio was on our list of stops – we like that place. We traded in our lamps for trophies.
- We lost and found Robert.
- Introduced BoTo to the world of Bloomington, IN by playing one lovely night at the Bluebird. Nice town ya got there Hoosiers.
- Bloomington was good to us – we played a couple numbers for The Weekly Special.
- Chris got engaged. Meow.
- Shawn gets the award for wearing our favorite gig shirt of the year.
- We played the First Friday Food Truck Festival at the Old National Centre, had a blast and more or less tried to figure out what the hell we wanted to do with this band. Oh yeah…we made more Vines too.
What can we learn by digesting all of above info? You guessed it – you picked the dumbest band in the world like! We’re thrilled you did though. So what does that hold in store for us for 2014?
Well, if history tells us anything, it would say that we typically follow-up long periods of down time taking a look backwards, trying to figure out why our music doesn’t automatically make itself famous (seriously, isn’t there some kind of Google inspired famous-making machine for bands yet?). We’ve spent a lot of time talking about how hard being in a band is, how hard it is to make it happen and you know what? It is hard. But do you know what else? It’s a privilege…and we are so grateful for the things that we have done. And…
We’re excited for what’s yet to come. So what should you expect out of your favorite foursome in 2014? Expect us to be interested in today. Expect us to care about the present and not the things behind us. Expect us to be funnier. Expect us to be around more. Expect us to be listening to and interacting with you…after all, we have you to thank for all of this.
Have a great New Year. We look forward to seeing you.